According to BDA data, there are 197 illegal colonies in Bareilly. Not all these colonies meet the BDA norms. About five years ago, BDA had made efforts to regularize three colonies, but the colonies could not be regularized. Behind this, strict rules of regularization and the charges levied on it are being told. The people of the colony are not ready to deposit the charge. Once again Bareilly Development Authority is making efforts to regularize about three colonies
Demolition proceedings were conducted against illegal colonies in Bareilly
- The construction/development work of site office, road, drain and building was being done illegally in the colony without the approval of the Development Authority in about 7000 sq.m.
- Illegal construction/development work of electric pole, road, site office etc. was being done by Shri Pappu Yadav etc. on Nainital road near village Dohna Pitamrai on 5000 sq.m. land without the approval of Development Authority.
- Illegal construction/development work of electric pole, road, site office etc. was being done by Shri Nanhe Yadav, Shri Irfan etc. on Nainital road near village Dohna Pitamrai on about 6000 square meters without the approval of Development Authority.
- Illegal construction/development work of tin shed office, road etc. in about 11 bigha area in the name of Shiv Colony at Badshah Nagar, Bareilly behind village Pastaur by Mr. Nasir Khan son of Mr. Bundan Khan without the approval of Development Authority. was being done.
- The construction/development work of site office, boundary wall, road etc. was being done for illegal colony in about 10 bigha area by the illegal builder near village Chitauli without the permission of the Development Authority.
Taking action against the above illegal colonies under relevant sections of the UP Town Planning and Development Act, 1973, the demolition proceedings were executed. Demolition proceedings under the leadership of Mr. Anil Kumar, Assistant Engineer, were executed on 28-04-2022 today by the authority’s junior engineers and enforcement team.